Skepsis. Learning never ends. Kolin, Czech Republic, 2021Olga Petrushko
“Skepsis. Learning never ends” is a training course that was held in Kolin, Czech republic. This project was about critical thinking and media literacy, made as a part of the international Skepsis Movement.
For 7 days participants discussed fake news and how they are spreading. How people and institutions manipulate our opinion. How countries wield propaganda and what we should do with that. We debated about active citizenship and democracy, played lots of Kahoots and got everyone a pair of beautiful Skepsis socks.
As a part of the project, participants developed some workshops, which could be used by youth workers, educators and NGO activists when educating about critical thinking and media literacy. And now we want to share them with you:
- Fake news, Fake Photos. This workshop will let you understand how to spot fake news and fake photos.
- Gender stereotypes in media. You will learn about gender stereotypes on the media, recognize them, find new solutions in order to break them.
- Manipulation during elections workshop will give you understanding which techniques are used during the elections to manipulate voters behaviour.
- Defeating propaganda workshop will teach people about techniques of propaganda used in politics and commercials and how to not be influenced by them
- Thanks to the Soft power in movies, TV shows workshop one will learn how soft power is used in movies and TV shows and how they influence our perception to events presented in scenes
- Strategies for developing critical thinking. This workshop will let you understand the methods of developing critical thinking and choose the one suitable for you
This project was implemented by Logos and CEFIG together with partners E U R O S U D , CIA Gostivar, Labdaros ir paramos fondas „G vaikų pasaulis”, Goodness of People Sweden, GEYC, Asociación Las Niñas del Tul with the support of the Czech National agency and Erasmus+ programme.
Each folder contains workshop description and all necessary materials, printouts. Feel free to use these tools in your work and share it with your partners!
Fake news, Fake Photos.
Gender stereotypes in media.
Manipulation during elections workshop
Defeating propaganda workshop
Soft power in movies, TV shows workshop
Strategies for developing critical thinking.