Critical thinking — Youth against propaganda. Toila, Estonia. 2022Olga Petrushko
The “Critical thinking – Youth against propaganda!” is a 7-days long training course that took place in Toila, Estonia and was devoted to the issue of developing critical thinking and media literacy skills.
We were in amazing country Estonia 🇪🇪. And there we were talking more about propaganda, fake news, disinformation. Popular topic, as usual. We had a possibility to implement various of activities, even to visit a local media. So that was a nice practical opportunity to see how news creation process looks from inside.
As a result:
- We increased critical thinking skill among participants of training course and their stakeholders;
- We improved quality of youth work in partner organisations;
- We created 6 tools and workshops about critical thinking for youth workers which can later be applied at local communities;
- We developed new activities within the Skepsis Movement movement to have better continuation and spreading of ideas about critical thinking.
Project was conducted by two trainers, who are working in the field of media literacy and critical thinking, Veronika Kurkina and Viktoriia Nuzhdova.
Thanks to hosting and participation organizations:
Progress Center Estonia Associació Cultura Creativa CreativePlus FORUM 16 Giovani Iddocca
Participants of the project in international teams created 5 tools for critical thinking promotion among youngsters that are open for public, below you can find more information about it:
- Tool №1. Think Twice. Workshop on misconceptions.
- Tool №2. Speed Up. An interactive quiz that teaches not everything is so clear.
- Tool №3. Nice shoes. Interactive workshop where you can step into shoes of another person.
- Tool №4. Fallacy hunter. Treasure hunt.
- Tool №5. Cards of Ballyhoo. Propaganda presentation.