What was it about?
Training course “Escape for human rights: few m2 of different reality” happened in Potenza, Italy, on 12-20 of December, 2017. This project was implemented by Logos (Poland) and Euro-net (Italy) and funded by Italian National Agency.
At this training course we gathered 24 young leaders and NGO activists working with youth, on 7 days long training course with the aim to provide them with knowledge and skills needed for creation of escape rooms which could be used as learning tools when working with young people.
At this training course we made human rights escape room in spheres of discrimination, children rights and domestic violence
Following objectives were set for the project:
- Spread ideas of human rights protection
- Provide youth workers with tools and knowledge on how to organize escape rooms, which will bring ideas of human rights promotions to greater amount of people
- Show that dealing with human rights can be done in various ways through providing participants with ideas and methods on non-standard approach to human rights education
- To create working tools which can be used in local communities
- Start a network of youth workers in Europe who are ready to do quest rooms on human rights by giving them an opportunity to practice this approach and creating a good atmosphere for connection between participants
- Bring understanding of nowadays problems in human rights area through giving examples, ideas and theoretical knowledge during the project
- To raise awareness of such human rights topics as gender discrimination, children rights and domestic violence
How did it go?
The training course was delivered by trainers Marko Boyko and Iryna Sytnik. Our participants built 3 great escape rooms and we invited local people to come and play. At the open even we had around 30 guests, who had a chance to learn and play at the same time.
Check the video from this project made by one of our participants - Marta Pop
Partners of the project
The project was implemented by Logos Polska (https://www.facebook.com/logosngo/) and Euro-net (https://www.facebook.com/euro.net.31) , and we had great partners supporting us with their contributions and members:
- Turkey - GENCLIK MEVSIMI DERNEGI
- Romania - Asociatia Clubul pentru Protectia Naturii si Turism Brasov
- Cyprus - PlanBe, Plan it Be it
- Latvia - Varaviksnes Tilts