The Youth exchange Carpathian Stories brought 30 participants from 6 different countries - Ukraine, Germany, Spain, Belarus, Russia and Poland, together to explore the beauty, diversity and fragility of the Ukrainian Carpathian mountains over a period of 15 days. This project took place outdoors with participants hiking in the Carpathians, staying in tents and cooking food on the fire.
Project engaged participants with important themes of environmental awareness and sustainability equipped them with skills in digital media literacy and provided an intercultural exchange in an outdoor setting using nonformal learning and experiential education.
The aim of the project was to foster intercultural understanding by collecting stories based on our outdoor experience and exploring different ways of telling our own stories.
- To learn about the cultures of countries involved in the project
- To explore the Carpathian region’s culture and traditions
- To explore different forms of storytelling
- To create stories during the project which could be later brought to other people and communities
- To go for an outdoor expedition and learn about hiking