Skepsis vs Propaganda. Sivas, Turkey, 2022Olga Petrushko
Training course “Skepsis vs Propaganda” was implemented in Sivas, in June 2022 under the funding of Erasmus+ programme.
One more project within our movement “Skepsis vs propaganda” was done!
The idea of the project was to bring 28 young people from 8 different countries to Sivas, Turkey, and to talk more about how to deal with the amount of fake information circulating all over the Internet and how to apply your critical thinking project to it. 8 days of learning about cognitive biases, logical fallacies, misconceptions, and, of course, propaganda, disinformation, hoaxes, etc.
During the project, participants created 7 tools, which can later help to share the knowledge of informational distortions to the target group, namely young people, youth workers, and their stakeholders. Besides that, participants discovered more about Turkish culture, especially Sivas considered to be one the most conservative city in the whole country.
They had a possibility to look for city treasures like mosques, museums, and cafes.
As a result of the project, local volunteers came to see what kind of tools we created and how they work.
- Tool №1. Emotional Thinking. Workshop on identifying your emotions.
- Tool №2. Fake Hunter. Website on critical thinking materials.
- Tool №3. Historical Tool. Know your history to identify fakes.
- Tool №4. Media Laborynth. A Game to promote critical thinking.
- Tool №5. Perform and Debunk. Presentation.
- Tool №6. Triangle. Introduction to CT
- Tool №7. Where the telescope is? Infographics.